Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Is Your iPod Psychic?


My Psychic iPod

In order to answer this question you have to a) own an iPod that has a shuffle feature or b) own a computer that has an iTunes library with a shuffle feature. Have I lost anyone yet? I didn't think so.

I want to discuss the fact that the Ipod is psychic because when set on shuffle it often knows just what you want or need to hear. Examples: on the first day of summer "A Summer Wind" comes on. On arrival in Tucson, a song from Linda Ronstadt's "Canciones di Mi Padres" is the first song to play. One morning when I woke up worried and bemoaning the fact that I worry so much, the second song that played during my run was "I Worry," by John Mayer. On the day after Levon Helm died, The Band's "Whispering Pines" came on, bringing a tear to my eye. Dick Cavett wrote "Music bypasses your brain and goes straight to your heart." So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment