Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Furlogue-Day 9

At 6 p.m. we are pretty fluffy

My days during furlough are all front-loaded. They look like the inverted pyramid we learned about in journalism school. I wake up very early and get a lot done, but then face diminishing returns in the afternoon and evening.

Today I volunteered at the Writer's Center at the high school, helped a kid with his college essay; played tennis; did the grocery shopping and came home to do some editing. I have a baseball game to watch tonight.

If my furlough freedom ever leaves me stumped, I just turn to War and Peace, always there like a big lump.  I think War and Peace should be on every furloughed workers' required reading list. Certainly it is one of  those that books that you meant to read if only you had the time. Well, now you do. At the end we could have a big furlough book club online discussion.

The orange bookmark is where I am, the red is where I am headed

No comments:

Post a Comment