Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Furlogue-Day 8, That's What the News Says So It Must be Right



There were some comments on the last few posts casting doubt on my claim as a Pioneer Woman. So this morning I did what any challenged Pioneer Woman would do. I baked an apple pie. I got this recipe from a friend who knew I didn't like making crusts.

The basic problem with this pie is its presentation.  It looks bad, tastes good. My son’s girlfriend, who attended "L'Academie de Cuisine" for five summers, declared it the “best thing I have ever tasted.”

 I call it: “Crustless Apple Pie for the Spineless Bakery Chef"

4 Honeycrisp apples (unpeeled)
¼ C sugar
1  t cinnamon

Slice the apples very thin, then mix with sugar and cinnamon. Spread out evenly on pie pan.
Looks like this:
Looking good




Then in a small bowl:

½ C flour
¼ C sugar
5 T butter
Mix until the butter forms little balls and then pack the mixture tightly on top of the apples, covering completely, like this:
Still looking good


Put in a 450-degree oven for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and cook another 30 minutes.

Then you come out with this:
I told you it didn't look too good


Does the garnish help?
 
Out of the kitchen and into my comfort zone. It is organize the jewelry day. It was easy to sort into three categories: the organized: bracelets on the bracelet bar and necklaces on the necklace bar, earring pairs finally reunited; silver jewelry in need of polish;  and hopelessly tangled necklace chains.  I can delegate the two problem categories.

Not sO pioneer after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment