Thursday, October 3, 2013

Furlogue Day Two



Shameless plug for the Dry Bar


This was a day for me. I can check off the spontaneous pampering appointments. And who knew I could book an appointment with the Dry Bar as early as 8:15? Oh yeah, the women who get their hair done before work. Some consider this a self indulgence to the max, but for $40 someone will wash, blow dry and style your hair. They can do things I cannot do at home, like give me straight Gwyneth Paltrow hair. Best of all, you can read the whole time, so I was able to multitask  by reading War and Peace.

Gywneth Paltrow hair--do not try this at home
I will give The Dry Bar a shameless plug, I love it there---they play good music, show classic chick flicks, and have used good word play in their marketing. Their hair styles include Cosmopolitans, Manhattans, Southern Comfort; an Extra Shot is something extra like a scalp massage, there is a conditioner named Detox. They serve coffee and cookies.

I went from there to Acqua Nails for the total 20, mani and pedi, spent that whole time reading War and Peace. Between the hour at the Dry Bar and another at the nail salon I think I read only about 30 pages. This book is either dense or I am. I think I spend too much time testing my college French skills before relenting and reading the translation. Then I wound up the glamourization trifecta by getting my eyebrows done. [My favorite part of Orange is the New Black is wondering how they are getting their eyebrows done to such perfection in prison.]
It's thick, I am not
I came home to do more editing and help the Prince with his  transcript requests.  He is now practicing with the male poms, I think we will have Chinese tonight.  
 
PS: I am not quitting Nicorette very successfully, yesterday I broke bad and bought a small pack of 20 in the flavor I most despise.  I think Augusten Burroughs called the original flavor "essence of Dupont Chemical."

No comments:

Post a Comment