Saturday, October 5, 2013

Furlogue goes into weekend

Michael at The Tastee Diner

I only work half a day Friday, so technically my furlough time was over by noon. I checked off the long leisurely lunch with old friends box by having a short and frantic breakfast at the Tastee Diner with my friend Michael. We have known each other since 1976. He was my next door neighbor when I got my first apartment in Tucson.

He was thrilled with the furlough--"I can never reach you, and now with the furlough I can see you again!"  There was much catching up to do between 8 and 9 when the parking meters start requiring payment, so everyone races out. He bought my breakfast, I guess I ought to contact more private sector friends. They feel for the furloughed. I missed out on the Kraze Burger's offer of free burgers for Feds. They put an end to it after giving away $600,000 worth of free food.

The only problem with this gift of time is that it can be removed at any time. Hard for planning purposes. I haven't made the trial desserts for the wedding shower because I don't know if I am having the wedding shower Tuesday.

I got rid of a three foot stack of Sunday New York Times, assuring myself that I was missing nothing by skipping a few July and August papers. If that was not on my list, let's add it. So we can cross it off.

I only had a few minutes with the Prince after school because he was racing off to an outdoor concert with several members of his court. They had the carriage waiting for him, so he was here only long enough to ask for and receive his usual Friday night fee of $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment