Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Logue-ing Out Day 16, The Party's Over


No Mas


I think this is really it, I think I will be in a place called an office tomorrow doing something they call work.

But I will always fondly remember the furlough and my extended period of freedom. I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

So, did I achieve all my Day One goals? I had a few LLLWOF (long leisurely lunches with old friends); I organized stuff--the college files, the bills and paperwork, the jewelry, winter summer closets; I read 157 pages of War and Peace. I exercised until I was forced to stop. I had a couple of manicures and blow-outs. I saw a couple of movies (Gravity and Rush).

I learned that I don't have enough exercise clothes to last a full week.

I learned that you shouldn't wait for a furlough to catch up with old friends.

1 comment:

  1. You are right about old friends - I wish we could go to lunch as you are one of my oldest and dearest

    xoxoxo - watson

    ReplyDelete